9 Ways To Grow Your LinkedIn Network
LinkedIn has hundreds of millions of members, and it’s the most popular professional social networking site. It’s also a great way to network with other people in your industry or even just get some new ideas. There are many ways to grow your LinkedIn network.
Here are 11 tips:
- Use the right keywords in your profile– When you’re filling out your profile, use keywords that are relevant to your industry. This will help people find you when they do a search. The main places where you can insert keywords are: Your headline, your profile summary and your work experiences. LinkedIn’s search algorithm prioritizes information found in these sections of your profile.
- Connect with people you know– LinkedIn makes it easy to connect with people you know. Just enter their email address or name, and LinkedIn will do the rest. You can also import your contact list and find your contacts on LinkedIn based on their email addresses. This is a great way to start building your network.
- Join groups related to your industry or interests– This is a great way to meet new people and learn more about your industry. So, join some groups and start networking in these groups, where you can find like minded people with the same interests. Many of them will be happy to connect with you.
- Buy LinkedIn likes for more visibility – There are sites from where you can buy LinkedIn likes and followers, such as Linkedjetpack.com. It’s a reliable site and it is safe to buy LinkedIn likes for your posts, and these likes will help spreading your content all over LinkedIn. When more people see your content, there is a bigger chance that they will visit your profile and invite you to connect. Of course, for that, you need an interesting, engaging post or article. Try to avoid being very salesy, and keep the 80/20 rule in mind. That means, everything you post, should be 80% informative and entertaining, and only 20% promoting yourself or your business. This way people will be more likely to follow and connect with you.
- Seek out and participate in discussions– This is a great way to show your expertise and connect with other people in your industry. In addition, you may learn something new. You can find discussion threads in LinkedIn groups and in the comment sections of posts and articles. It’s important to keep a positive tone, don’t troll or criticize others. All your activity is visible on your profile, so make sure you only comment things that won’t hurt your image.
- Connect with other professionals in your field–You can search for people and companies in the same field, with the same kind of expertise, even if they are not members of LinkedIn groups. For example, if you are a JAVA software developer, you can find other developers, simply by searching for certain skills and frameworks they might use. This is a great way to expand your network and learn from others.
- Recommend people you know and trust– When you recommend someone, it shows that you trust and respect them, your recommendation will show up on their profile – if they accept your recommendation – And it’s a great way to get your name and link to your profile included in other people’s profiles.
- Add a custom background to your profile– This is a great way to stand out from the crowd and show your personality. Add a custom background and make your profile unique. Depending on your profile – if it’s for marketing/sales or for job hunt – you can include different design elements and content in your background image. Use logos of companies you represent or you worked for, etc.
- Share articles and insights on LinkedIn– This is another great way to show your expertise and connect with other people. There are millions of people reading articles on LinkedIn every day. Tap on that traffic by publishing informative and engaging articles.You may get a lot of new followers this way.
These are 9best ways to grow your LinkedIn network. Just be sure to use them all together, and you’ll see great results. The LinkedIn platform has become an essential tool for job seekers and business professionals. It allows users to connect with colleagues, search for jobs, read insights from thought leaders, and more.
You don’t want to miss out this huge opportunity, because even if you don’t focus on LinkedIn, be assured, your competitors do! There community and the value of LinkedIn is growing every day, the only question is that you will be part of it of left behind?
Grow your network, connect with people, share good content and make sure you provide value for your followers. If you do these things right, you should see the results soon, which could be: A new job, new business partners or new customers… you name it!