Among the most famous accounting software comes QuickBooks Desktop, which many companies use worldwide to keep track of their everyday business activities, including managing income and expenses. Using QuickBooks Desktop, a company can quickly generate multiple financial reports, which can help it in proper planning and tax filing. However, such an exemplary profile doesn’t mean that QuickBooks Desktop is perfect. Despite being equipped with several defense mechanisms, QuickBooks Desktop is not free from errors and bugs. QuickBooks error H505 is one such error.
Struggling with QuickBooks error H505 and want to get over it straight away? If affirmative, feel free to speak with our QuickBooks professional team at +1-855-856-0042.
What does QuickBooks error H505 signify?
QuickBooks error H505 occurs when a user attempts to switch QuickBooks Desktop to multi-user mode.
What can be the factors behind QuickBooks error code H505?
QuickBooks error code H505 generally arises when the multi-user hosting settings in QuickBooks Desktop is misconfigured. Nonetheless, several other factors can cause it, like:
1. Security configuration of the Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the network.
2. Background processes are interfering with the functioning of the QuickBooks Desktop and not letting it turn on the multi-user mode.
Dive into this short guide if you are interested in resolving QuickBooks backup failed issue.
How can you resolve QuickBooks error H505 with safety?
Solution 1: Carefully set right the multi-user hosting settings in QuickBooks Desktop
1. Start QuickBooks Desktop on any workstations where you’re encountering QuickBooks error H505.
2. Click on the File menu.
3. In the list of options, hover over Utilities.
4. Pick the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
5. If you find Host Multi-User Access as an option, don’t pick it.
6. Follow the above steps in the same sequence on all other workstations.
7. Start QuickBooks Desktop on your host computer.
8. Select the File menu.
9. Hover over Utilities in the list of options.
10. Click on the Host Multi-User Access option.
11. If you find Stop Hosting Multi-User Access as an option, don’t pick it.
If QuickBooks error H505 persists, move ahead to the next solution.
Solution 2: Set up the Windows Firewall security settings for QuickBooks Desktop
1. Navigate to the Windows Start menu.
2. Click on the All Programs option.
3. Look for Windows Firewall in the list and choose it.
4. From the left-side pane, choose Advanced Settings.
5. Locate the Inbound Rules option and right-click on it.
6. Choose New Rule from the given options.
7. Pick the Program option and then select the Next button.
8. Click on the This Program Path option and then choose the Browse button.
9. Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows icon and E keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
10. Go through the path “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR.”
11. Locate the QBDBMgrN.exe file and choose it.
12. Then click on the Next option.
13. Pick the Allow the Connection option and choose the Next button.
14. If prompted, confirm all profiles are selected. Choose the Next button.
15. Create a new rule and give it a title in the following way “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
16. Now, see if you can turn on the multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you still get QuickBooks error code H505, follow the next solution.
You may like to see: QuickBooks outlook is not responding
Solution 3: Run Quick Fix my Program to end the unimportant background processes
1. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the recent release (18.104.22.168) on your computer.
2. Run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
3. Do as per the on-screen directions, and after that, accept the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
4. Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
5. Move to the Program Problems tab given at the left-side pane.
6. Choose the Quick Fix my Program option and let the tool run.
7. After that, start QuickBooks Desktop and see if you can enable the multi-user mode now.
Our sincere hope that you find this post worth reading and get rid of QuickBooks error H505 with the help of the troubleshooting solutions that we have explained above. If the answer is no, then the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component, which facilitates the multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop, is possibly not functioning on the host computer. Hence, we advise you to run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component on your host computer and switch QuickBooks Desktop to multi-user mode. To get yourself additional troubleshooting assistance fixing QuickBooks error code H505, you can speak with our QuickBooks support team at +1-855-856-0042. Our QuickBooks professionals are adept in the art of troubleshooting and will remove the error in seconds.