A lot of people think that having a trash can outside is a bad idea. But if you do it right, an outdoor trash can can be a great way to reduce your waste storage and manage your clean-up time. Here are five tips on how to build an outdoor trash bin that’s perfect for your home.
Table of Contents
The Basics of Building an Outdoor Trash Can Bin
- Choose the right size for your home. The bigger the outdoor trash can, the less space it will take up on your garden or patio. The smaller the outdoor trash can, the more space it will take up on your home porch or balcony.
- Decide how you’ll mount your trash can. Not all outdoor trash cans are designed to be placed on a flat surface. Some are designed to be placed on posts, poles, or tree branches. If you have an uneven surface inside your home, choose an outdoor trash can that’s designed for this type of installation.
- Make sure your garbage is protected from wind and rain. Not all outdoor trash cans are water resistant, so make sure your garbage is protected from wind and rain before you build your outdoor trash can.
- Add a lid to keep your garbage safe and clean while it’s being stored outside. You don’t need a lot of accessories just a standard plastic grocery bag and some screws – to build an effective outdoor Trash Can Bin.
- Place your Trash Can Bin where it will be easily accessible but out of reach for pets and children. You don’t want to place an imposing Outdoor Trash Can Bin in the middle of your living room or bedroom – that’s where indoor waste storage should always reside!
Choose the Right Size for Your Home
Before you build your outdoor trash can, make sure you choose the right size. A small outdoor trash can can fit in a small space, but a large outdoor trash can can fit in a large space. Choose the right size based on the amount of waste you plan to generate and the amount of time you have to spend cleaning up after your garbage.
Choose the Right Material
Before you start building your outdoor trash can, it’s important to choose the right material. You don’t want to use plastic or wood that will cause environmental problems. If you do, you’ll need to find a different way to store your trash. You can also avoid using plastic by using a metal garbage can. Metal is environmentally friendly and won’t cause any issues with the environment.
Make sure the Waste is Bagged and Shredded Well
One of the first things you need to do when building an outdoor trash can is make sure the waste is bagged and shredded well. This will help reduce the amount of time it takes to clean up your mess.
Bagging and shredding your waste also helps keep your environment clean and organized. It also helps to prevent rodents from entering your trash can and crawling inside to steal your recyclable materials.
Clean up Your Outdoor Trash Can Bin quickly and easily.
The most important things you can do when building an outdoor trash can bin is to make sure that your trash can is clean. By cleaning your outside trash can, you’ll help to reduce the amount of time it takes you to clean up after your trash. Additionally, by keeping your outdoor trash can clean, you’ll also help to deter other people from using it.
Make sure that your outdoor trash can is well-maintained.
If you don’t take care of your outdoor trash can, it will become a breeding ground for bacteria and rodents. Make sure that there’s at least an inch of space between each item in your trash can and the ground. This way, rodents won’t be able to reach your garbage and bacteria won’t be able to cause a mess.
Keep Your Trash Can Clean
After you finish putting your garbage into your outdoor Trash Can Bin, make sure that you put everything away properly so that nothing is left over.This includes putting away any empty cans and cups, putting away any recyclable materials, and closing up all of the openings in the lid so that there are no spaces for rats or other animals to enter.