Warehousing ensures the delivery and distribution of products in an advanced and time-bound manner. This results in greater labour productivity and better levels of customer satisfaction, making the probability of error and damage occurrence negligible.
As the name suggests, a warehouse racking system is a system of stacking materials horizontally in rows and using multiple levels. The thought behind it is to make the most use of space available in a warehouse while making it easy to transport the goods stored in a warehouse. And Armstrong’s warehouse racking system services are the services that will enable you to make your warehouse perfect.
Things to consider while choosing the Ideal Warehouse Racking System.
First, get to know the requirements of your warehouse, then choose accordingly. The ideal warehouse racking system must not hinder your tasks in any way and must enable you to use the space available to you well.
It would help if you considered the following factors before choosing your ideal warehouse racking system:
Table of Contents
The approximated cost per pallet is required to be considered while choosing the perfect racking system for your warehouse.
Complete space utilization
The warehouse racking system that you choose should properly utilize the floor space in your warehouse. You will need to consider the factors such as the dimensions and quantity of your goods.
Choose the racking system to not interfere with your ability to store and use your forklifts. You will need to consider the aisle width too before choosing.
The racking system you choose should store different kinds of goods.
Managing the inventory
The procedure of obtaining, storing, and tracking the inventory must be considered before choosing a racking for your warehouse.
Types of Warehouse Racking Systems
There are various types of warehouse racking systems available in the market. Let’s know which one will suit your requirement.
Selective Racking System:
The selective racking system is one of the top choices as it is economical and has the largest sizes and additions available. This racking system is perfect for storing items with standard and easy access.
- Utilization of floor space: about 40%
- Utilization of space available: about 90 – 95%
- Accommodation of forklifts: Multiple forklifts can be used due to wide aisle spaces
- Adaptability: Can store various kinds of goods.
- Management of inventory: FIFO (First-in, first-out) inventory management is used
Drive-In Racking System:
The drive-in racking system is the best choice if you want a high-density system and optimizes the space available in your warehouse. It is perfect for storing the same kind of products compactly.
- Utilization of floor space: about 60%
- Utilization of space available: about 60-65%
- Accommodation of forklifts: Supportive towards forklifts
- Adaptability: goods are kept segregated in each row
- Management of inventory: LIFO (Last-in, first-out) inventory management is used.
Double-Deep Racking System:
The double-deep racking system is a kind of racking system that increases the density with the help of some specific accessories such as the extendable forks. It is just a bit slow but is a perfect choice between a selective racking system and a system with high density.
- Utilization of floor space: about 60%
- Utilization of space available: about 85-90%
- Accommodation of forklifts: Forklifts can be use with the use of extendable forks
- Adaptability: Appropriate for storing the goods with the same SKU
- Management of inventory: FILO (First-in, last-out) inventory management is use
Push Back Racking System:
The push-back racking system provides a good amount of pallet storage space. It also perfectly maintains selectivity by using different aisles for the goods of each SKU. This makes it easy to transport the goods inside the warehouse. Moreover, front loading/unloading reduces the usage of numerous aisles.
- Utilization of floor space: about 75%
- Utilization of space available: about 75%
- Accommodation of forklifts: Forklifts well supported
- Adaptability: Perfect for storing the goods with the same SKU
Choosing the ideal warehouse racking system could be tiresome and confusing, and hence, considering the factors stated above will make it easier for you. The perfect warehouse racking system for your warehouse can make your warehouse operations convenient to perform. To choose the perfect warehouse racking system, use the services available at Armstrong.