Canon printers are well-known for their exceptional print services and outstanding features. Canon printer users sometimes have issues with their printing devices. This can lead to them having to reset their devices. Users may also encounter confusion when trying to reset their printers due to the constant changes in the technical systems and user interfaces.
This guide will help you if you’re a Canon printer owner and need to reset your device. This guide will show you how to reset your Canon printer.
What should I do if my Canon printer is not working?
If you are having trouble with your Canon printer, it is possible to reset the device or completely restore it. connect canon pixma printer to wifi The factory reset will restore the printer to its original settings.
Resetting Canon Wired Printers
You can reset the Canon printer to restore its original functionality. This can also fix any minor or major technical issues such as slow printing, unresponsive printers, or inability to get online. This guide will show you how to reset the Canon printer.
- Canon printer power reset
- Canon printer ink reset
- Canon printers can be reset by hard reset
- Resetting Pixma Printer
- Canon Printer Factory Reset
Continue reading to learn more about the Canon printer reset process.
Canon Printer Power Resetting:
A power reset can be used to restore the normal functionality of your Canon device, even though it is a soft reset. Here’s how.
- First, turn off the Canon Printer. Next, remove the power cable and ensure that the device is fully disconnected.
- Plug the power cable back into the power socket. Next, turn the device on and connect it to an Ethernet cable.
- To confirm that the issue is resolved, you can try a test print.
Ink Resetting the Canon Printer:
Canon printers, for example, have an embedded chip that informs users when ink is low or out of supply. While replacing ink cartridges can cause problems with normal printing operations, there are other methods that you can use to reset them. This is how to reset Canon printer cartridges and restore normal operation to your printing device.
- First, take out the ink cartridge from your Canon printer and then insert it into its main channel.
- Next, check that the chip in the ink cartridge works properly and is in contact with the plate of the resetter.
- Hold the cartridge gently for a few seconds until the LED light flashes on the chip resetter. Hold the cartridge gently until the light is steady.
- Next, remove the cartridge from your chip resetter and then repeat the procedure for any other ink cartridges that require a reset.
- Install the cartridges in the Canon printer, and check if the problem is solved.
Reset my Canon Printer to Factory Settings: Hard Reset
You can reset your Canon printer to factory settings by performing a hard reset. Here’s how.
- To start, press the “Stop” button until the alarm rings on your Canon printer. Then, release the “Start” button after the alarm flashes/rings at least 19 more times.
- Once your device has been restored to factory settings, you will need to remove the drives from your computer network, and then reinstall the drivers with the most recent versions.
Canon Pixma Printer Reset Via Default Factory Settings
You can reset your Canon Printer Pixma if you own a Pixma device.
- Turn on the Pixma printer device and then use the arrow to navigate to the Device Settings menu.
- To begin the device resetting process, press Ok.
- Turn off the Pixma device and then press the “Stop” button together with the power button.
- After that, release the “Stop”, then press the “Stop”, and finally hold the “Power”.
- After waiting 30 seconds, you will see the “O”, then press “Stop” four times.
- Next, press and hold the Power button two more times. Then, release the Power button once more to turn the device off.
Via Resetting Pixma Ink Cartridge:
These steps will show you how to reset Canon Printer Pixma by resetting its cartridges.
- First, unplug all power and USB cables from the Pixma device. This will allow you to reset the Canon printer or ink cartridges.
- To open the ink cartridge’s door, press the Power button. Next, reconnect the power cables and make sure that the power button is still functioning.
- Close the cartridge door and then press the power button to reset the ink cartridge.
Instructions on how to factory reset a Canon printer
There are times when your Canon printer needs to be troubleshot while you’re working with it. Resetting the device completely can help. This will allow your device to return to factory default settings or its original settings. This is how to factory reset the Canon printer.
- Next, press Setup on the Canon device. Navigate to Device settings using the arrow keys. Finally, press OK.
- Navigate to the Reset setting and press OK. Next, click on Reset all.
- The device will be reset by pressing OK and then selecting Yes.
Read more: How To Fix Canon Printer In Error State Issue On PC
Contact the Canon printers technician for more information on how to reset your Canon printer.
Without software, reset your Canon printer:
- You must ensure that the Canon printer is connected to your computer and turned on.
- To turn your printer off, press the power button.
- After your printer has been turned off, you can press the stop button for two seconds.
- Hold down the Stop button and press the Power button simultaneously for 2 seconds. Then release the Stop button.
- Hold down the Power button and simultaneously press the Stop button five times.
- After pressing the Stop button five times, release immediately the Power button.
- Now your printer is completely reset.
Leave a Reply