QuickBooks is a robust accounting application recognized by small as well as large-sized businesses. But the downside of this application is its technical glitches that interrupt users. One annoying of them is QuickBooks error 6073 that arises when a user tries to open the company file. The error comes up on the screen along with a message, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. Error codes: (-6073, -99001).” Hosting a company file on a Linux server and accessing it using remote software are the main triggers of the error. Follow the complete blog to learn more about QuickBooks Desktop error 6073.
Need direct consultation on QuickBooks error 6073? Call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons that can cause QuickBooks Desktop error 6073
Go through the reasons given below that evokes error 6073:
- You are trying to open a read-only file.
- You are trying to access the company file remotely.
- When you host the company file on a Linux server.
- When the company file is open on another system in single-user mode.
QuickBooks error 6073 is the issue you may face when working on QuickBooks desktop and using company file to update application. However, If you are a Pondering question about How you can resolve error 6073 in QuickBooks, well, you must follow the article. Moreover, you can reach out to the QuickBooks data conversion services team.
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks company file error 6073
Solution 1. Fix error 6073 by running File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a build-in tool of the QuickBooks Tool Hub that Intuit designs explicitly to fix company file and network issues in QuickBooks. Follow the steps given below to use the tool:
- Close all company data files, then the QuickBooks program.
- Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file of the latest version.
- Save the file either to your Windows Desktop or the Downloads folder so you can easily access it.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and start following the prompt steps to install the tool hub.
- Next, tick the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to finish the installation.
- Once the installation process completes, go to your Windows desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the program.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- From the File Doctor, scroll the drop-down menu and choose your company file. If you can’t find your data file, click Browse and search.
- Use QuickBooks admin password to log in and click Next.
- Wait till the tool scans the company file to resolve issues.
- Close the tool, open QuickBooks and your company file.
Solution 2. Open QuickBooks and the company file in multi-user mode
- Close QuickBooks Desktop on all devices.
- On your Host computer, open the company file and select the File menu.
- Click the Switch to Multi-user mode option and check if the error is fixed.
- Go to the File menu, select the Close company option.
- Next, open your company file and select the File menu again.
- Choose Open or Restore Company, then open a company file, and then Next.
- Select your company file, select the Open file in the multi-user mode option and then Open.
The solutions discussed in the blog will help you eliminate QuickBooks error 6073. If the problem continues even after following the solutions discussed above, call us on our customer support number +1 800-579-9430 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
Note :- If you are facing or occurs QuickBooks error 6094 that time you can follow this article and easily resolve this issue.
Related article :- Your QuickBooks outlook is not responding? Find a key here!
Leave a Reply