Prostate cancer occurs mainly in men because they have the prostate gland below the bladder. This cancer grows slowly and happens because abnormal cells are divided continuously. If the cancer is not spread outside the prostate gland, there are minimal treatment chances. The Benefits of Robot Prostate Cancer Surgery can be seen in people who recovered after this surgery.
What is Robot Prostate Cancer Surgery?
It is a robotic surgery that is an advancement in surgical techniques. A surgeon uses a robotic arm with tools in their hands to perform the surgery. The robot does not serve the surgery; the surgeon performs it. They use a magnified view to go deep and take out the main problem from the cells. The robotic surgical arm and equipment are more comfortable than human hands.
The surgeons do the slight inclusion near the abdominal area. This allows the surgeon to remove the prostate and the tissues to protect the person.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
- It ensures faster recovery; it heals the incision fast.
- Hospital stays are less. It heals the person and allows them to go early
- There will be less blood loss during the operation.
- Temporary pain after the operation
- It provides better visualisation during the operation as it provides a magnified view.
- Improvise the patient condition after the operation
- The incision is small
Risk of Prostate Surgery
- Infection and itching in the incision
- People usually have an anaesthesia reaction; they vomit a lot after taking anaesthesia
- Bleeding during the operation
- Blood clots may form
- Nearby organs damage might occur
The intestine may get damaged during the surgery, and it can harm the abdominal and may require a second surgery. Intestines are mostly got damaged during robotic surgeries.
Side effects of Prostate Surgery
Apart from various Benefits of Robot Prostate Cancer Surgery it also has some drawbacks
- A person cannot control their urine after surgery. This problem can be solved, but it will take some time
- Normal bladder returns after months
- The erection will not be sufficient for sexual penetration. If cancer is growing, the surgeon must remove the nerve, which helps in erection.
- There will be changes in orgasm. The sensation will be there, but the ejaculation may not happen because of the removal of the nerves during the surgery.
- The removal of the nerves causes no ejaculation. The man cannot become the father of a child in a natural way
Prevention of Prostate Cancer
- A person should always take a healthy diet. Healthy food maintains the system of the body. It provides carbs, protein, calcium to the body.
- A person should not take supplements from the market. They should take a protein diet from the natural food available. Fruits and vegetables are the best food they should consume
- A daily workout improves overall health and maintains a person’s weight.
- When a person finds some symptoms related to prostate cancer, they should reach the doctor immediately.
Factor governs the cost of Prostate Surgery.
- The professionalism of surgeons
- The type of hospital. If the hospital is a high standard, then it will charge more fees because they will provide high-quality treatment
- Hospital stays are less
- Medicine cost
There are many Benefits of Robot Prostate Cancer Surgery like it has many benefits that a person can get without any tension about its side effects. High professional surgeons provide this surgery. This treatment can cure cancer well, but there are chances that the person can get infected from the incision area. The price is high for this treatment but is very beneficial. Not all people get infected by this surgery; only a few can because it mainly happens in old age and weak people. A person should take a healthy diet to remain fit. Robotic surgery is best to cure the prostate gland.