Health is crucial for the human body and health. So, it is of no wonder why it is necessary to sleep one third of our lives. A number of biological process take place when you sleep:
- Your brain reserve new information and get rids of toxic waste
- Sleep support healthy brain functions
- Your body restores energy and make new cells
All these operations are vital for your health and body. If these functions won’t happen your body will not happen.
Poor Sleep is linked with Higher Body Weight:
A not so known link, but low sleep has a strong relation with increased body weight. People who do not take adequate amounts of sleep daily are observed to gain significantly more weight than people who sleep well.
In actual fact, higher obesity risk is strongly linked with low sleep intake. An Extensive study done on sleep shows that children and adults who sleep for short time have 55% to 89% more obesity chances in life.
The link between sleep and body weight has been influenced by numerous factors, such as hormones and motivation for exercise.
If you are on a journey to lose weight, keep an eye on your sleep schedule. It is crucial to have quality sleep for weight loss.
Good Sleep Good Habits:
Research done on sleep deprived people reveals that these individuals have bigger appetite and they eat more, hence greater calories.
Low sleep schedule leads to increased level of ghrelin and decreased level of leptin.
This hormonal imbalance leads to increased hunger and diet. According to physicians, more awake times means more opportunities to eat.
Those who get proper sleep tend to consume less calories.
Sleep deprivation leads to serious fluctuations in appetite hormones leading to poor diet regulation.
Good Sleep Increases Your Productivity:
Good brain functioning is closely linked with adequate sleep. This takes in cognition, concentration, and productivity. There is mounting evidence that shows a good night’s sleep increases your productivity. A study done in the U.S shows poor performance and worse productivity of people that sleep less.
On the other hand, good sleep increases problem solving skills, improves memory performance in both children and adults.
Your sleep schedule is also crucial for your workplace health. A study of 1000 adults shows that insomnia, sleepiness and snoring is all linked with decreased work productivity.
Sleep is Good for Heart:
Your daily duration of sleep affects many aspects of your health. These factors sometimes lead to chronic diseases, involving heart strokes. People who don’t get the required quality sleep tend to have a greater risk of heart disease or stroke.
Poor Sleep and Depression:
Mantle health issues are directly related with your sleep qualities and sleep disorder. About 90% of the people who suffer from depression have poor quality. An inability to sleep is also a sign of clinical depression. The other sign of clinical depression is too much sleeping.
How To Get Better Sleep:
- Follow a proper sleep pattern. Go to bed at the same time daily. Wakeup at the same time daily. Don’t forget to follow the same on weekends.
- Get your body out in sunlight especially in early hours of day. Natural light helps to get better sleep. A morning walk will make you less stressed.
- Physical activity is very important. But try not to do exercise before bedtime.
- Artificial light disrupts your sleep. Avoid artificial light for at least 2 hours before bed. If necessary use a blue light filter.
- It is recommended to not eat sugar or have alcohol before sleeping time. Eat at least 3 hours earlier before bedtime.
- A cool, dark and quiet room helps in a better sleep
You can also consult your healthcare professional to overcome the obstacles in your quality sleep. If your healthcare professional suggests some sleeping pills you can order your prescription medicines from Ahmed Medico, an online medical store in Karachi. This medical store offers free delivery across Karachi.
Leave a Reply