With the help of QuickBooks Desktop, hundreds and thousands of Accounting companies from all over the world effectively take care of their accounting tasks today. Undoubtedly, QuickBooks Desktop proves to be an excellent accounting application; however, it is not immune to errors and technical glitches. This article will talk about QuickBooks error 1904, which several users have recently reported while trying to install QuickBooks Desktop on their systems. Reading this article till the end will tell you why QuickBooks error code 1904 takes place in the first instance and how to get rid of it safely.
For live troubleshooting assistance to debug QuickBooks error 1904, you can contact our QuickBooks professional team at +1-855-856-0042.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks error code 1904?
QuickBooks error code 1904 is often caused because of the corrupted installation files of QuickBooks Desktop. Although, several other reasons can cause it, such as:
1. The QuickBooks Desktop’s installation is failing because of the insufficient Windows admin permissions.
You may like to visit this blog: QuickBooks Error 2000
What to do to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1904?
Solution 1- From QuickBooks Tool Hub, launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
1. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the recently released version (220.127.116.11) from the website of Intuit.
2. Save the downloaded installer (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) to the Windows Desktop.
3. Launch the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and walk through the instructions mentioned on-screen.
4. Agree to the given terms & conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
5. Click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon twice on the Windows Desktop.
6. Hit the Installation Issues option given on the left sidebar.
7. Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to run the tool.
8. The tool can take up to 15-20 minutes to diagnose and repair the QuickBooks installation files. Therefore, keep patience until it completes.
9. Restart your computer.
10. After that, check if you are able to install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
If QuickBooks error 1904 occurs again, move to the second solution.
Also read this guide: QuickBooks Error 6143
Solution 2- Configure the Windows account settings for QuickBooks
Step 1: Switch on your computer using the Windows admin account
1. On the keyboard, hit the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
2. Type “CMD” into the search box and click right the CMD icon.
3. Click Run as Administrator from the options.
4. In the Command window, enter “net user administrator /active: yes” and then select the OK button.
5. Click on the Windows Start icon, and after that, select the sign-out option.
6. Pick the account that mentions Administrator and sign in.
Step 2: Manually make changes to the user permissions
1. Open File Explorer by hitting the Windows and E keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
2. Navigate through the command “C:\Program Files\Common Files.”
3. Click right the Common Files folder and then pick the Properties option.
4. On the Security tab, choose the Edit button.
5. Under the “Group or user names” section, choose the option named Users.
6. Under the “Permissions for Users” section, select the checkboxes for Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, Write.
7. Hit the Apply button and then the OK button to save your changes.
Also follow this short article if you face QuickBooks print and preview not working issue.
Even after following the above two troubleshooting solutions, if you fail to rectify QuickBooks error 1904, then we suggest you get further support fixing it by contacting the QuickBooks technical team at +1-855-856-0042.
Leave a Reply