Intuit’s showcase application, QuickBooks Desktop, has ample companies from everywhere the planet as its users. Multiple factors count to the success of the QuickBooks Desktop, and among them, the key ones are its feasibility, accuracy, and efficiency. But despite being such an exemplary application, QuickBooks Desktop isn’t proof against errors and technical issues. Through this post, we are going to explain QuickBooks error 6123, which happens when users try and open their company files in QuickBooks Desktop. Several reasons can result in QuickBooks error code 6123, which you’ll get to be told below, together with their possible troubleshooting solutions.
To arouse instant assistance removing QuickBooks error 6123, don’t hesitate to induce connected with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
QuickBooks error 6123 shows up with a mistake message reading, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
What are the explanations triggering QuickBooks error code 6123?
QuickBooks error code 6123 generally occurs when there’s some corruption within the company file. Nevertheless, there is other reasons still behind it, such as:
1. as an example, some processes are running within the computer’s background are blocking QuickBooks Desktop from opening the corporate file.
Also read: QuickBooks error H505
What should be done to rectify QuickBooks error 6123?
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool for repairing the corporate file
1. On your server computer, clean up QuickBooks Desktop.
2. From the positioning of Intuit, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the foremost recent release (126.96.36.199).
3. Store the installer titled QuickBooksToolHub.exe on the Downloads folder.
4. Click twice the QuickBooksToolHub.exe installer.
5. Do the on-screen directions so accept the terms and conditions to put in QuickBooks Tool Hub.
6. Run QuickBooks Tool Hub then hit the corporate File Issues tab.
7. Hit the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
8. within the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, select your company file from the computer menu.
9. If you don’t find your company file there, value more highly to Browse to search out it on your computer.
10. Hit the Check your file option and so the Continue option.
11. When prompted, enter the admin password of your QuickBooks.
12. Then select the Continue option.
13. Wait until the tool is completed diagnosing the corporate file.
14. Then, choose your company file from the list and click on on the Open QuickBooks option.
If QuickBooks error 6123 occurs again, proceed to the second solution.
Solution 2: From QuickBooks Tool Hub, use the short Fix my Program tool
1. In QuickBooks Tool Hub, navigate to the Program Problems tab.
2. Hit the fast Fix my Program button and let the tool run.
3. Wait until fixture My Program terminates all the background processes interrupting QuickBooks.
4. Open QuickBooks Desktop and see whether you face errors while opening the corporate file.
Dive into this short guide if you want to fix: QuickBooks Error 50004
Solution 3: Move Company file to a distinct Location
To verify if the file path is causing the difficulty, you’ve got to maneuver the file to a unique location and open it from there. For that, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. visit the folder where you’ve got stored your company file.
2. Right-click on the corporate file and choose copy.
3. After that, ensure that you just copy the proper file with the extension. QBW.
4. you want to copy the file to the desktop.
5. Right-click on the surface area and click on on New, followed by the folder option.
6. Lastly, you’ve got to open QuickBooks and take a look at accessing the corporate file from the new location.
Even after applying the troubleshooting solutions that we’ve got explained above during a detailed manner, your company file is possibly wholly damaged if you face QuickBooks error 6123 again. Hence, we advise you to revive a backup company come in QuickBooks Desktop. additionally, you’ll invite additional help fixing QuickBooks error code 6123 by contacting our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.