This post will discuss what custom boxes are and how businesses can use them to improve their marketing efforts.
What Are Custom Boxes?
Are you confuse about what custom boxes are and how they can benefit your business?
If so, then keep reading! A custom box is a three-dimensional product that has been design specifically for a company or organization. They are often made to fit certain products but can also be design to hold smaller items.
Custom boxes can be constructed from various materials, including cardboard, corrugate fiberboard, mold pulp fiber packaging, chipboard and plastic.
These boxes are generally use in the shipping process because they are sturdy enough to hold their contents securely during transportation.
Custom boxes are also recycled, so they reduce the amount of waste created.
Benefits of Using Custom Boxes for Shipping Products
There are several benefits to using bespoke packaging boxes. The biggest advantage is that they protect fragile items during shipping. If you are shipping something like an antique that can easily be broken, then it’s important to keep it safe.
Custom boxes is made out of sturdy materials to protect the item inside. They also have a cushioning effect since they’re fill with packing materials like bubble wrap or brown paper. Cardboard is great for protecting items with corners, and that can provide even more protection to fragile items.
Inexpensive Packaging Materials
There are many reasons why companies choose to use custom boxes for packaging products, but one of the biggest benefits is that they’re inexpensive. There’s no need to buy a bunch of single-use plastics or Styrofoam peanuts when you can use cardboard. In addition, the box is usually recyclable, and the packing materials inside are biodegradable. So if you want to minimize your environmental impact when shipping items drastically, this is one of the best ways to do it.
Custom boxes also have another great advantage: they’re already sized correctly for products. You’ll never get a box too big or too small for the products that you’re shipping, and it will have a hand hole or two on top so that it’s easy to transport.
A box used for shipping is usually flat at the bottom with only a few inches of thickness, making it compact enough to fit into tight spaces without any problems.
It also means that your item won’t have a lot of extra room to rattle around inside, which can potentially damage it.
Custom boxes are easier to move and store. In addition to being the appropriate size for your product, they’re also easy to pick up and carry from one place to another.
Commercial boxes are easier to move and store
Custom packaging comes in various types. For example, you can find specialty boxes that offer protection for certain products, such as electronic equipment or breakable items. Most custom boxes are made from paperboard, also called corrugated material. This is a heavy-duty type of paper that’s fold into flutes, giving it extra sturdiness and rigidity.
Depending on your product or shipment size, you can choose between different types of custom boxes. For example, you can choose flat or single-walled boxes, depending on your available storage space. Flute boxes are larger but offer more protection than standard paperboard shipping boxes, which are great for storing lighter objects that won’t get damaged when not packed in a sturdy container.
When moving your business, you might need to buy new moving boxes. However, keep in mind that some paperboard boxes can be fold and taped shut, so you don’t need tape every time. Also, ask about custom-made boxes for large shipments which require extra special protection against any damage.
When filling the flat paperboard box with your product, remember the following:
- Put only one item in each box. If it is too large, cut it up to fit it in properly.
- Fill all the corners of the box to support its shape and leave no gaps on the top or bottom where items could move around. Add packing peanuts or paper on top for extra protection.
- Close the box with strapping tape made especially for boxes. Sticking the flaps together tightly also helps keep things from moving around once the box is load into a truck or van.
- Write on at least two sides of the box. A common mistake is to only put the address label on the top of the box, which will most likely be deliver
- Add “Fragile” and “This End Up” stickers to ensure your boxes don’t get turn upside down and all your belongings end up on the floor.
- Use newspaper or foam peanuts (not Styrofoam because that can be dangerous) to fill up any space leftover in the box so it stays protected during shipping.
- You can use old newspapers or large sheets of paper to cover your floors before you put the boxes down. This will reduce the risk of scuffing up your new home and is very helpful when unpacking. These pieces can be a hassle to clean, and the boxes will scuff any unprotected flooring.
Continue to read Interesting Tips
- Use a pen or marker to number your boxes in sequence from 1–50 or 100 depending on how much you have; list the contents on the box, and list which room it should go into once you have opened it. Marking the boxes is useful for temporary storage, so you know where to place the pieces if need be.
- When removing a small piece of furniture from its box, avoid scratching the floor by sliding a piece of cardboard under the furniture before lifting it up and onto your hand or knee. This will also help protect your hands from pinched if a screw or nail falls out.
- If you have a particularly large piece of furniture, break it down into smaller manageable pieces by removing just a few screws and taking off the back panel before attempting to lift the entire piece.
- Label each package with masking tape and either marker or pen, so you know where each piece goes when it’s time to reassemble.
Leave a Reply