This post will discuss QuickBooks error 6175, which belongs to the 6XXX series errors of QuickBooks and takes place when a user tries to switch QuickBooks Desktop from single-user mode to multi-user mode. An error warning shows up on the computer display, stating, “QuickBooks is trying to access the company file, but the database server is not responding.” Such multi-user errors usually occur when the security configuration of the Windows Firewall doesn’t allow QuickBooks Desktop to connect to the network. Nonetheless, other factors can lead to QuickBooks error code 6175, which you will get to know beneath, alongside their troubleshooting ways.
Want to get over QuickBooks error 6175 to turn on the QuickBooks multi-user mode? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks support team +1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 6175?
Apart from the ill-configured security configuration of the Windows Firewall, the followings are the reasons due to which QuickBooks error code 6175 occurs:
1. Any workstation is set as the server to host the company file for QuickBooks.
You may like to read: QuickBooks Error 40001
What are the troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 6175?
Solution 1- Check your multi-user hosting settings on your server & workstations
1. On your workstation, open QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Instead of trying to open the company file, unfold the File menu.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose the option named Utilities.
4. Locate the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option and click on it.
5. If you notice the Host Multi-User Access option, neglect it.
6. Carefully repeat the steps given above on all other workstations.
7. On your server computer, start QuickBooks Desktop.
8. Unfold the File menu located at the top bar.
9. Then, choose the Utilities option from the drop-down list.
10. Look for the Host Multi-User Access option there and click on it.
11. If you spot Stop Hosting Multi-User Access as an option, don’t select it.
If QuickBooks error 6175 occurs again, move to the second solution.
A related article you might find helpful: QuickBooks Error 6010 100
Solution 2- Manually create a Windows firewall exception for QuickBooks
1. Select the Windows Start button on your desktop screen.
2. Click on the All Programs button.
3. Find Windows Firewall in the programs and select it.
4. Click on the option named Advanced Settings.
5. Click the Inbound Rules option and then pick the New Rule option.
6. Choose Program from the options and then hit the Next button.
7. Select the This Program Path button and choose the Browse option.
8. On your keyboard, hit the Windows icon and E keys to go to File Explorer.
9. Then, navigate to the QuickBooks Folder.
10. Find the QBDBMgrN.exe file and select it.
11. Click on the Next button, and after that, choose the Allow the Connection option.
12. Then choose the Next button.
13. If required, ensure all profiles are marked. Choose the Next button.
14. Create a new rule and give it a name like “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
15. Follow the steps mentioned earlier to create outbound rules like you created inbound rules.
Suppose you cannot rectify QuickBooks error 6175 after going through the troubleshooting solutions given above. In that case, our recommendation is to get additional support troubleshooting it by getting in touch with our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 1328
Read more on Small Pet Animals